2018 WAYFINDER SUMMER INSTITUTE at BROWN UNIVERSITY
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable walking shoes (for outdoor activities)
- Sun hat
- Water bottle
WHERE + WHEN
Tuesday, July 17 - Friday, July 20, 2018
Brown University (Providence, RI)
Brown Office for Professional Studies
200 Dyer Street
Providence, RI 02903
Below is the rough schedule for the Summer Institute. Each day will consist of a variety of presentations, indoor + outdoor activities, and small group discussions. The last day is focused on supporting you to create a plan for implementation of our curriculum. For more information about the programming and activities at the Institute, please see the Summer Institute homepage here.
Meals: Light breakfast and catered lunch will be provided, as well as dinner the first night, Tuesday 7/17. Dinner will be hosted off-site. We will meet for drinks off-site (optional) on Wednesday and Thursday night; drinks will not be sponsored by Wayfinder.
ONE-ON-ONE CHECK INS
On Thursday (7/19) and Friday (7/20) of the Summer Institute, we will be hosting 15-minute meetings between your School/Program Team and our Lead Navigators: Patrick, Claudia, Alexx, & Adrian Michael. During these check-ins we will discuss your curriculum implementation plan/ideas and how we can best support you.
During these check-ins we will discuss with your entire School/Program Team your curriculum implementation plan/ideas and how we can best support you. Please have ONE educator from your School/Program Team sign up for a slot on behalf of your group.
We’ve reserved rooms at the Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown Hotel at a group rate of $169/night. To book a room, you can click here. Please contact the hotel directly (401-608-3500) if you have issues in the booking process. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the main training site, 200 Dyer St.
58 Weybosset Street
Providence, RI 02903
Check out our Summer Institute Google Map for important locations.
BOSTON LOGAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT:
From the airport, take the free shuttle bus (Silver Line) to South Station, the last stop. This will take about 20 minutes (Schedule here). At South Station, go upstairs and leave the subway station to find the trains to Providence (Providence/Stoughton Line). The MBTA Commuter Rail will take 75 minutes. Download this app to buy a one-way ticket ($10.50). Amtrak is quicker, but more expensive. If you buy tickets in advance, you can find them for as low as $15. Explore the options on Wanderu. The stop is the Providence Train Station. Taxis/Uber/Lyft available at the station. The Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown Hotel is a 5 min drive via Uber/Lyft/taxi, or a 9 min (0.5 miles) walk away.
PROVIDENCE T.F. GREEN AIRPORT:
The Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown Hotel is a 12 min drive via Uber/Lyft/taxi. You can also access public transportation via the 66 bus (stop at Kennedy Plaza, 3 min walk to the hotel) or the Providence/Stoughton Line via the MBTA Commuter Rail (stop at the Providence Train Station, 5 min drive via Uber/Lyft/taxi or 9 min walk to hotel)
There is valet parking available at the Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown Hotel for $28.00 (Valet Parking only).
List of schools in attendance
- Aspen High School - Aspen, CO
- Bella Scholars - Burlingame, CA
- Brown University Swearer Center - Providence, RI
- Flex Tech Novi High School - Novi, MI
- Flex Tech Brighton High School - Brighton, MI
- Fundacja Edu Center and IB World School Raszyńska - Warsaw, Poland
- Innovation Academy Charter School - Tyngsboro, MA
- Kents Hill School - Kents Hill, ME
- MadeByTeens - Bucharest, Romania
- Ngaruawahia High School - Ngaruawahia, New Zealand
- Nova Pioneer - Johannesburg, South Africa
- Perkiomen Valley High School - Collegeville, PA
- Phillips Academy - Andover, MA
- Shanghai American School - Shanghai, China
- St. George's School of Montreal - Montreal, Canada
- St. Mark's School - Southborough, MA
- The Blake School - Minneapolis, MN
- Universidad de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC) - Lima, Peru
- University of Hawaiʻi Kapiʻolani Community College / Lōkahi Foundation - Honolulu, HI
- University of Utah / Office of Undergraduate Studies (UGS) - Salt Lake City, UT
- West Michigan Center for Arts + Technology - Grand Rapids, MI
- Westwood High School - Blythewood, SC
- World Leadership School and TeachUNITED - Boulder, CO
- Youth Advocate Programs - Lebanon, PA
If you have any questions, please contact Alexx at firstname.lastname@example.org.