a few spots left for our summer institutes!
WAYFINDER SUMMER INSTITUTES
Project Wayfinder will be hosting two Summer Institutes in 2018: one at Stanford University in June and another at Brown University in July.
Our Summer Institutes equip educators to lead students on the Wayfinder Journey and reflect on their own path as wayfinders. Why come to the training?
- You want to learn how to implement Project Wayfinder at your school or program
- You want to experience the country’s leading purpose development curriculum
- You want to improve advisory, counseling, or career development for your students
- You want to join a community of like-minded + meaning-making educators
- You want new tools for social emotional learning, project based learning + 21st Century Skills
Our Summer Institutes provide you with the training you need to successfully implement Project Wayfinder in your classroom. The last day of the training will be dedicated to helping you develop a plan to incorporate the Wayfinder Toolkit into your organization.
Where + When
- Stanford University d.school (Palo Alto, CA): June 28 - July 1, 2018
- Brown University (Providence, RI): July 17-20, 2018
The program is open to high school educators, as well as limited spots for college educators interested in piloting our curriculum. Each training will host 50 educators.
Summer Institutes are ideal for training 2-3 educators from a school or program. If you want to train a larger group of people from your school/program then it would be better to host an on-site training at your school.
An intensive 4-day training that prepares you to teach our Navigation Toolkit to your students.
- Jan 16th, 2018: Applications Open
- Feb 19th, 2018: Early Round Applicants Due
- Feb 23rd, 2018: Early Round Applicants Notified
- April 1st, 2018: Final Applications Due
- April 6th, 2018: Final Notifications
Educators are highly encouraged to apply in our early-bird application round -- applying early gives you a greater change of acceptance. Early applicants will be notified by February 23rd whether they are accepted to the Institute, or moved to the Final Application Round for consideration.
Our Summer Institutes are $1100. This includes lunch + snacks. Lodging and dinner not included. We have a very limited number of scholarships which requires a separate application form.