Interested in attending our 2019 Summer Institutes? Check back in mid-January 2019 for updates on dates, location, and costs.
WAYFINDER SUMMER INSTITUTES
Our Summer Institutes provide you with the training you need to successfully implement Project Wayfinder in your classroom. In 2018, we hosted two Summer Institutes at Stanford University and Brown University with 93 educators from 55 schools/organizations across 17 states and 8 countries.
Why come to a wayfinder Summer Institute?
- Learn how to implement Project Wayfinder at your school or program
- Experience the country’s leading purpose development curriculum
- Improve advisory, counseling, or career development for your students
- Join a community of like-minded + meaning-making educators
- Gain tools for social emotional learning, project based learning + 21st Century Skills
- Develop a plan to incorporate the Wayfinder Toolkit into your organization.
- Mid-January, 2019: Applications Open
- Mid-February, 2019: Early Round Applicants Due
- Beginning of April, 2019: Final Applications Due
- Mid-April, 2019: Final Notifications
- Late June - Mid July, 2019: Summer Institutes 2019
Educators are highly encouraged to apply in our early-bird application round -- applying early gives you a greater change of acceptance.
Who are summer institutes for?
The program is open to high school and college educators. We are still deciding if our program will be open to middle school educators, please check back with us in January.
Summer Institutes are ideal for training 2-7 educators from a school or program. We highly encourage schools to bring at least one teacher and one administrator - we find that this helps with implementation upon return to your school. Priority for admittance will be given to teams with one admin and one teacher or more. Also, student mentors are welcome to join your school group if you are thinking of implementing a peer mentor mode (a model we strongly support).
If you are interested in training 8 or more educators from your school/program then it would be better for you to host an On-Site Training at your school.
The enrollment fee for our 2018 Summer Institutes was $1100. This includes lunch + snacks. Lodging and dinner not included.