Interested in attending our 2019 Summer Institutes? Check back in mid-January 2019 for updates on dates, location, and costs.
WAYFINDER SUMMER INSTITUTES
Our Summer Institutes equip educators to lead students on the Wayfinder Journey and reflect on their own path as wayfinders. Why come to the training?
- You want to learn how to implement Project Wayfinder at your school or program
- You want to experience the country’s leading purpose development curriculum
- You want to improve advisory, counseling, or career development for your students
- You want to join a community of like-minded + meaning-making educators
- You want new tools for social emotional learning, project based learning + 21st Century Skills
Our Summer Institutes provide you with the training you need to successfully implement Project Wayfinder in your classroom. The last day of the training will be dedicated to helping you develop a plan to incorporate the Wayfinder Toolkit into your organization.
The program is open to high school and college educators. We are still deciding if our program will be open to middle school educators, please check back with us in January.
Summer Institutes are ideal for training 2-5 educators from a school or program. We highly encourage schools to bring at least one teacher and one administrator - we find that this helps with implementation upon return to your school. Priority for admittance will be given to teams with one admin and one teacher or more. Also, student mentors are welcome to join your school group if you are thinking of implementing a peer mentor mode (a model we encourage).
If you are interested training 6 or more educators from your school/program then it would be better to host an on-site training at your school.
An intensive 4-day training that prepares you to teach our Navigation Toolkit to your students.
- Mid-January, 2019: Applications Open
- Mid-February, 2019: Early Round Applicants Due
- Beginning of April, 2019: Final Applications Due
- Mid-April, 2019: Final Notifications
- Late June - Mid July, 2019: Summer Institutes 2019
Educators are highly encouraged to apply in our early-bird application round -- applying early gives you a greater change of acceptance.
Our Summer Institutes are $1100. This includes lunch + snacks. Lodging and dinner not included.
2018 Summer Institutes
Project Wayfinder hosted two Summer Institutes in 2018: one at Stanford University and another at Brown University. Our 2018 Institutes brought together 93 educators from 55 schools/organizations across 17 states and 8 countries.